Replacement for an Expiring Adult Passport
U.S. citizens sixteen years of age and above
If a U.S. Passport is scheduled to expire within the next six months, please visit the Embassy with the following documents in order to apply for a replacement:
2. Proof of Citizenship (Current US Passport)
3. A Photograph, which is:
- 2x2 inches in size
- Taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance
- Full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background
- Between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
- Taken in normal street attire
- Uniforms should not be worn in photographs
- Do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline unless worn daily for religious purposes
- If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing device, wig or similar articles, they should be worn for your picture
- Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons. A medical certificate may be required.
6. Fee of US$110.00 or Sri Lankan Rupees14,900.00 FEES ARE PAYABLE IN CASH ONLY
PLEASE DO NOT SIGN THE APPLICATION. IT HAS TO BE SIGNED IN THE PRESENCE OF A CONSULAR OFFICER OF THE UNITED STATES.