|Vacancy Announcement & Position Description||Who may apply||Location||Vacancy Closing Date|
|All||Colombo Overseas Building Operations (OBO) Construction Project Office||June 02, 2016|
|Civil/Structural Engineer (Fixed Term)
|All||Colombo Overseas Building Operations (OBO) Construction Project Office||June 2, 2016|
|Electrical Engineer (Fixed Term)
|Electrical Engineer Overseas Building Operations (OBO) Construction Project Office||June 2, 2016|
|All||Colombo||June 01, 2016|
|Mobile Patrol Senior Guard
|All||Colombo||May 25, 2016|
|Senior Security Guard
|All||Colombo||May 25, 2016|
|All||Iranawila||May 25, 2016|
|All||Colombo||May 24, 2016|
|Facility Management Assistant||USEFMs *||Colombo
|Information Program Center Assistant
||USEFMs *||Colombo||Untill filled|
|Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
|Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant – Trainee Level
* This position is only open to family members of a direct-hire Foreign, Civil, or uniformed service member assigned to or stationed in Sri Lanka and who are listed under the travel orders of such an officer. Please see “Appendix A – Definitions” on the attached vacancy announcement for further detail.
Interested candidates are requested to complete and submit the following application form via email (Colombohr@state.gov) OR post to: P.O. Box 106, Colombo.
- Universal Application for
Employment UAE/DS-174(Non-editable pdf) and (Editable MS Word)
Please refer our instructions on how to complete the UAE/DS-0174 form (PDF).
[Please mention the vacancy applied for in the top left-hand corner of the envelope OR in the subject line of your e-mail. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.]
Special Instructions to Applicants:
1. Persons who do not possess the minimum requirements (qualifications, experience etc.) of the position should refrain from applying.
2. Please don’t forget to mention the position applied in the subject line of your e-mail or top left-hand corner of the envelope.
3. Please refrain from contacting the Human Resources Office to check the status of your application or to obtain information on the selection process. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Definition of US Citizen Eligible Family Member (USEFM) – For purposes of receiving a preference in hiring for a qualified position, an EFM who meets the following criteria:
- US Citizen; and,
- EFM at least 18 years old; and,
- Listed on the travel orders
of a direct-hire Foreign, Civil, or uniformed service member assigned to or
stationed abroad with a USG agency that is under COM authority, or at an office
of the American Institute in Taiwan; and either:
1. Resides at the sponsoring employee's or uniformed service member's post of assignment abroad or at an office of the American Institute in Taiwan; or
2. Resides at an Involuntary Separate Maintenance Allowance (ISMA) location authorized under 3 FAM 3232.2
The US Mission in Colombo provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
Need access to a computer and internet?
The U.S. Embassy has several locations that provide computer use to the general public:
The Information Resource Center Library, located at 44 Galle Road, Colombo 03, has 20 computers that are free for use. Membership is not required, but a NIC is needed at the entrance for access. For printing, there is a fee of Rs. 5 per page for black and white copies and Rs. 10 per page for color copies. Opening hours are Tuesday to Saturday, 9 am – 6 pm.
Similar services are available at the:
American Corner Kandy
D.S. Senanayke Public Library
American Corner Jaffna
No. 23, Athiyady New Road
Please see our website for more information: http://srilanka.usembassy.gov/irc_general_info.html
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.