All interested applicants for the opportunities listed below MUST apply with your detailed CV along with the cover page.
|Position||To Whom||Location||Closing Date|
|Head Automotive Mechanic||All||U.S. Embassy, Colombo 3||August 14, 2015|
|Automotive Mechanic Assistant||All||U.S. Embassy, Colombo 3||August 14, 2015|
|Criminal Fraud Investigator||All||U.S. Embassy, Colombo 3||August 12, 2015|
|Security Cooperation Specialist||All||U.S. Embassy, Colombo 3||August 12, 2015|
|Translator/Interpreter (Male or Female)||All||U.S. Embassy, Colombo 3||August 13, 2015|
|Security Guards-Temporary (Female/Male)||All||U.S. Embassy, Colombo 3||August 6, 2015|
|All||U.S. Embassy, Colombo 3||August 6, 2015|
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Persons who do not possess the minimum requirements (qualifications, experience etc.) of the position should refrain from applying.
- Please don’t forget to mention the position applied in the subject line of your e-mail or top left-hand corner of the envelope.
- Please refrain from contacting the Human Resources Office to check the status of your application or to obtain information on the selection process. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Definition of US Citizen Eligible Family Member (USEFM) – For purposes of receiving a preference in hiring for a qualified position, an EFM who meets the following criteria:
- US Citizen; and,
- EFM at least 18 years old; and,
- Listed on the travel orders of a direct-hire Foreign, Civil, or uniformed service member assigned to or stationed abroad with a USG agency that is under COM authority, or at an office of the American Institute in Taiwan; and either:
1. Resides at the sponsoring employee's or uniformed service member's post of assignment abroad or at an office of the American Institute in Taiwan; or
2. Resides at an Involuntary Separate Maintenance Allowance (ISMA) location authorized under 3 FAM 3232.2.
- Universal Application Form (DS-174) and Instructions (pdf, 60 kb)
The US Mission in Colombo provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.